We are Recruiting!
Job Vacancy Education Ranger (Casual)
North West Kent Countryside Management Partnership who manage our education programme at Lesnes Abbey Woods are recruiting! They are looking for an Education Ranger (Casual) to deliver outdoor learning activity sessions at Lesnes Abbey.
Grade: KR6 £12.23 per hour
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To fulfil site Health and Safety/risk assessment requirements as necessary
• Deliver curriculum-based outdoor learning sessions to predominantly primary age children (30 + per group) at Lesnes Abbey.
• Any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by Partnership Manager or Partnership Officer
For more information, please contact Steph: 07816128570
Interviews will be held at Lesnes Abbey on 31st March 2023
Please send CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria (see below) to apply for this position.
– Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
– Experience of working with children in an outdoor setting
– Experience of assisting with; organising or running outdoor activities for children
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
– Ability to traverse rough ground on foot and lift heavy items
– Excellent communicator able to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds.
– Ability to work on a flexible basis, primarily Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the school term
– A basic understanding of environmental and conservation issues
– An interest in outdoor learning and environmental education
BEHAVIOURS AND KENT VALUES
– Invite Contribution and Challenge